Here are some useful tips to make your SOC Wish List even more spectacular!
- Don't be afraid to list anything on your wish list. If you don't tell people, how are they supposed to know what items you want or need.
- You can list fun outings, travel experiences, honeymoon and savings goals to your list. Be as informative as you like.
- Let your personality shine through – choose one of our many themed templates or perhaps create your own banner and match it to one of our color templates. (Banner size must be 750(w) x 245(h) pixels.)
- Load you favorite music to your wish list. This will make your wish list loads of fun to visit and people will get into the theme of what your wish list is about and the items you would like them to 'Gift' you!
- You can also load a video to your wish list – this will again increase the fun factor.
- Load a picture for each item on your wish list – it is not crucial but it will certainly give people a better idea of what it is they will be getting you! Remember, the pictures are only ‘indicative' of the items that you want.
- Be descriptive about the items on your wish list – tell your family and friends briefly what each particular item may mean to you. How you would use it, who wants it, etc. If you do not load a picture, the description gives them an outline of what it is you intend to buy with their gift.
- List the price of each item – this way the visitors to your wish list will know how much to 'Gift' you.
- Speak to family and friends via the text box on your wish list. Remember your wish list is meant to be fun for you and your visitors.
- Set-up your wish list before any invitations are sent out, this will give family and friends enough time to browse your wish list, deliberate about what they want to get you and then 'Gift' you the money
- Take an inventory of the things you already have and then list the items you need.
- Avoid listing items that you probably won't use.
- Select gifts for different price ranges to suit varying budgets.
- Feel free to add high value items, as visitors to your wish list may want to pool their money for group gifts.
- An idea may be to proportion the item count on your SOC Wish List by listing gifts on the basis of one gift per single attendee and one for each couple attending.
- Alternatively, you may choose to list all the gifts that you want and see what happens.
- You may decide to list sets of things separately: e.g. for a dinner set list separately the plates and bowls. On the other hand, you may choose to list it as a set.
- Remember, there is no hard and fast rule about SOC Wish Lists. You decide what will best work for you. You can always make changes to your wish list at any time!
- Finally - have fun with your wish list. Set the theme for your wish list and your family and friends will definitely get into the spirit and have a blast!